SVC CalendarApplyVisit SVCGive

College Assistance Migrant Program




The College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) at Skagit Valley College assists first generation college students who identify as migrant and whose families are seasonal farmworkers. The program provides academic and financial support services to eligible students in order to complete their first academic year of college and continue in postsecondary education for a second year. The program is federally funded and students must be US citizens or permanent residents.

 The services CAMP offers are:
  • College Orientation
  • College Success Skills classes during your first quarter
  • Educational Planning
  • Financial Aid Assistance and Workshops
  • Tutoring
  • Peer Mentoring
  • Cultural and Educational Workshops
  • Family Engagement Events
  • Resources such as borrowing laptops and hotspots

Student Spotlights

Watch the following CAMP student spotlights about their experience at Skagit Valley College:

Anaelsin Lopez-Lopez

Gustavo Villaseñor





SVC CAMP Eligibility Requirements

  • Must be US citizen or US permanent legal resident.
  • Must be a first-year college student at Skagit Valley College, less than 45 college credits.
  • Must be from a migrant and/or seasonal farmworker background by meeting one of the following criteria:
    1. A student or his/her immediate family member must have spent a minimum of 75 days during the past 24 months as a migrant or seasonal farmworker. Must be a primary source of income.
    2. 2) Participated in a Chapter One Migrant Education Program (MEP)/Certificate of Eligibility (COE). We can check if students have a COE/MEP Identification number on file.
    3. 3) Qualify for the WIA167.

Need Help?

For questions regarding eligibility requirements, please contact:


What you need to apply to SVC CAMP

  1. Complete and submit the State Application for Skagit Valley College
    1. You can apply at the following website:
    2. Need Support? Contact
  2. Financial Aid Application
    1. Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA). You can apply at
    2. Need Support? Contact Gerzon Marin at
  3. Fill out the online CAMP application above
    • You will be asked to include the following:
    • Personal Statement/Essay
    • Certificate of Eligibility(COE) identification number from the Washington State Migrant Education Program (MEP).
    • If you do not have a COE/MEP number you will need to provide an Eligibility Verification Form for Seasonal Work (EVF) CAMP staff will call and verify employment. If you don’t have this, please contact Jareth Rodriguez at

SVC CAMP Application Process

  • Complete online application via the form above
  • Priority is given to students who apply first.
  • Admission to the program will be sent via email and you will need to confirm your participation.
  • Provide a copy of all your final transcripts from your high school.

Need Help?
Please contact Jareth Rodriguez at with any questions regarding the SVC CAMP application or eligibility requirements.


Información Para Padres

Información del Programa de Asistencia Universitaria  para Migrantes (CAMP):

El Programa de Asistencia Universitaria para Migrantes (CAMP) en Skagit Valley College en (SVC) tiene servicios académicos y de retención para estudiantes que vienen de familias migrantes o familias que trabajan en agricultura. CAMP ayuda a los estudiantes durante el primer año en el colegio. Servicios de CAMP incluyen:

  • Acceso a becas
  • Orientación de verano
  • Curso de CAMP durante en el Otoño
  • Orientación de carreras
  • Eventos culturales y sociales
  • Asesoramiento de ayuda financiera
  • Mentores
  • Asesoramiento personal y académico
  • Tutoría y apoyo en la instrucción

Requisitos para aplicar a nuestro programa:

  • Ser ciudadano estadounidense o residente permanente
  • Ser estudiante del colegio de SVC
  • Someter un aplicación para ayuda financiera federal (FAFSA)
  • El estudiante o su familia debe haber trabajado en agricultura, como un trabajador migrante, o trabajador de temporada por lo menos 75 días durante los últimos 24 meses. O haber participado o ser elegible en el Programa de Educación Migrante (MEP) Capitulo 1 Titule 1, el programa de equivalencia de preparatoria (HEP), o el programa WIA de 1988
  • Entregar la aplicación para CAMP que incluye un ensayo y una copia final de las calificaciones de la secundaria

Ayuda Financiera Federal Para Estudiante:

Si necesita ayuda en aplicar a ayuda financiera, por favor comuníquese con Gerzon Marin a

Hay opciones para pagar la escuela. Si gustan saber más información sobre cómo prepararse para la universidad y tipos de ayuda financiera, recomendamos que visiten este sitio.

Es importante que los estudiantes estén utilizando la página correcta para completar el FAFSA.