Transfers to: Heritage University, Pacific Lutheran University, St. Martin’s University, Seattle Pacific, UW Bothell, UW Seattle, WSU, WWU, Western Governor’s University.
This degree is intended to prepare students for licensure as a registered nurse as well as entry into a Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion degree. Although this degree will be granted to SVC students completing a cumulative 2.0 GPA, entry into a Bachelor of Science Nursing program will require a higher GPA for admission. Seek out an SVC Nursing advisor/counselor early in your studies to check with potential transfer institutions about requirements for overall minimum GPA, possible higher GPA in a selected subset of courses, or a specific minimum grade in one or more courses such as math or English. Students should contact potential degree institutions regarding specific requirements where options are listed.
Students must complete 135 quarter credits in transferable courses numbered 100 or above with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 in order to graduate from SVC with an Associate in Nursing DTA/ MRP degree. At least 25 college-level credits must be earned at SVC. Credits must satisfy course requirements listed below.
Note: Courses with an ampersand (&) are Common Course Numbering courses; * indicates lab or skill/studio course.
1. Communication Skills (10 cr.)
- English &101 (5 cr.)
- English &102 recommended (5 cr.), or CMST& 220 (5 cr.)
2. Quantitative Skills (5 cr.)
3. Integrative Learning Experience
This requirement is satisfied by the Sociology 191/Nursing 191 and Philosophy 291/Nursing 291.
4. Diversity Requirement
This requirement is satisfied by Nursing 171, 172, 173.
5. Distribution Requirements (60 cr.)
A. Humanities (15 cr.)
- Philosophy 291 (5 cr.)
- Select 10 credits in courses from the AA-DTA Humanities distribution from at least two disciplines, with no more than 10 credits from one discipline. No more than 5 credits may be applied in world languages at the 100 level. No more than 5 credits may be applied in performance/skill studio courses.
B. Natural Sciences (30 cr.)
- Biology &160* or 211*, &241*, &242*, &260* (20 cr.)
- Chemistry &121* (5 cr.)
- Nutrition &101 (5 cr.)
C. Social Sciences (15 cr.)
- Psychology &100, &200 (10 cr.)
- Sociology 191 (5 cr.)
6. Nursing Core
- Nursing 171, 172, 173 (12 cr.)
- Nursing 182, 182 (12 cr.)
- Nursing 191, 192 (concurrent enrollment in SOC 191 required) (12 cr.)
- Nursing 271, 272, 273 (12 cr.)
- Nursing 281, 282 (12 cr.)
- Nursing 291, 292 (concurrent enrollment in PHIL 291 required) (12 cr.)