Skagit Valley College logo

Transcript Evaluation/Review

If you have college course work from other colleges, you may want to transfer it to Skagit Valley College to count toward a degree or certificate at SVC.

Should I get my transcripts evaluated?

Yes, if you:

  1. Want to use previous English or math classes to place you into courses at SVC.
  2. Plan to earn a degree or certificate at SVC.
  3. Want to use previous course credit to fulfill pre-requisite requirements.

If classes elsewhere apply to a pre-requisite for an SVC class, you may use an unofficial copy of your transcript to get permission to override prerequisites, though you will want to follow up with a transcript evaluation.

How do I get my transcript(s) evaluated?

  • Order official transcripts from all other colleges you have attended 
  • SVC recommends you order an unofficial transcript for yourself at the same time. You can use the unofficial copy for advising
  • Submit a Transcript Evaluation Request

How long does it take?

Please allow 12 weeks from the receipt of all materials for the completed evaluation.

Can I get a copy of my other college transcript(s) from SVC?

Transcripts, once received, become the property of the college and will not be released to students or others.

International Transcript Application and Evaluation Process

To have your international transcript evaluated, please follow the steps here.