English as a Second Language (ESL) is the study of English by non- or limited English-speaking adults who want to learn English. Classes combine listening, speaking, reading, and writing, with an emphasis on listening and speaking skills.
Learning Options Include
- Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening
- Beginning to advanced
- Day or Evening
- Computer Skills for English Language Learners
How to Register for Classes
Enrollment is ongoing. Classes are open entry / open exit, but usually fill early in the quarter. Follow these steps to get started:
- Contact the location you wish to attend to get the current entrance assessment schedule. You do not need an appointment, availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Bring a check or money order in the amount of $25.00 to the entrance assessment appointment to pay your tuition fee.
- Upon completion of the assessment students will be placed in appropriate course level and can begin their studies.
We offer day and evening classes at a cost of only $25 per quarter! A tuition waiver is available for those who qualify.
Mount Vernon Campus
Whidbey Island Campus