SVC Academic Advising is a part of Counseling and Career Services. We are dedicated to promoting student success by helping students achieve their full academic potential. Counseling Faculty assist students with accurate information of college policies, course and program requirements, and identify and connect students with college services such as; counseling, tutoring, and other support services.
Our counselors provide an environment of encouragement and support that promotes a positive, rewarding experience at SVC. Counselors also assist students with career planning, and special populations counseling.
The Counseling Services staff can help you with:
- Quarterly schedule planning
- Degree & certificate completion
- Transfer information
- Running Start services
- Disability Access Services
- Women's and Life Transition Resources
- Multicultural Student Services
- High School Degree Completion
- Cooperative Education
- Career Planning
- College Success & Career Exploration classes (CSS 100 & 107)
- Learning Into Action